Letter of application for the marketing research position

Subject line: (logical to recipient!) Application for marketing research position #031210-528
March 14, 20XY
Ms. Charlene Prince
Director of Personnel
Large National Bank Corporation
Roanoke, VA 24040
cprince@largebank.com
Dear Ms. Prince:
As I indicated in our telephone conversation yesterday, I would like to apply for the marketing research position (#031210-528) advertised in the March 12thRoanoke Times and World News. With my undergraduate research background, my training in psychology and sociology, and my work experience, I believe I could make a valuable contribution to Large National Bank Corporation in this position.
In May I will complete my B.S. in Psychology with a minor in Sociology at Virginia Tech. As part of the requirements for this degree, I am involved in a senior marketing research project that has given me experience interviewing and surveying research subjects and assisting with the analysis of the data collected. I also have completed a course in statistics and research methods.
My experience also includes working part-time as a bookkeeper in a small independent bookstore with an annual budget of approximately $150,000.  Because of the small size of this business, I have been exposed to and participated in most aspects of managing a business, including advertising and marketing.  As the bookkeeper, I produced monthly sales reports that allow the owner/buyer to project seasonal inventory needs. I also assisted with the development of ideas for special promotional events and calculated book sales proceeds after each event in order to evaluate its success.
I believe my combination of business experience and social science research training is an excellent match for the marketing research position you described.  Enclosed is a copy of my resume with additional information about my qualifications.  Thank you very much for your consideration.  I look forward to receiving your reply.
Sincerely,
Alex Lawrence
250 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 555-1234
alex.lawrence@vt.edu
Resume attached as MS Word document

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter of application for the marketing research position